The Town of Ossining Parks Department is seeking to fill the Full-Time probationary position of Park Groundskeeper. The starting salary for this position is $59,760.
Please complete an pdf employment application here (also available in the Town Supervisor’s office on the 3rd Floor of 16 Croton Avenue between 08:30 a.m. and 04:30 p.m., Monday through Friday), and return to Maddi Zachacz in that office by 04:00 p.m. on Wednesday, October 17th, 2018.
Under direct supervision of the Parks Foreman, performs routine manual work in connection with the general and specific upkeep and maintenance of facilities and park grounds; does related work as required.
Examples of work (illustrative only):
- uses power equipment, i.e. tractor lawn mowers, grass cutters, etc. in the maintenance, mowing, raking and cutting of grass in municipal parks;
- uses various power and no-power tools in the trimming and/or removal of brush and trees in park areas;
- makes repairs to park buildings, athletic/sports facilities, etc., which may involve minor electrical, carpentry, plumbing, masonry or other trade tasks;
- operates a pick-up truck or other vehicle to transport equipment, supplies or personnel to various park sites;
- prepares athletic fields for play including cutting grass, removing litter/ debris, lining fields, etc.;
- maintains paths, driveways and parking lots including sweeping of areas, snow removal and minor black top repair;
- maintains, services and makes minor adjustments to power tools, motorized equipment and park vehicles;
- paints and repairs park benches, boats, floats, etc.;
- makes minor repairs to parks equipment;
- participates in grounds maintenance, including seasonal care of trees, shrubs, flowers, ground preparation for lawn rejuvenation, planning and fertilizing activities, including pesticide application and control;
Required knowledge, skills, abilities and attributes: Familiarity with ground maintenance activities, tools, and equipment; ability to understand both oral and written directions; ability to ascend and work in lofty places, where required; willingness to perform routine manual work; honesty; reliability; physical endurance; physical condition commensurate with the duties of the position. NYS Driver’s License; CDL preferred.