The Department of Corrections and Community Supervision is looking to hire Vocational Instructor.
- performs same tasks except more experienced Instructors special with course planning, materials, techniques;
- teaches trade experience;
- prepares or modifies course outline/prepare the course outline/prepare daily-weekly lesson plans/conduct a schedule/instruction/demonstration for learners;
- supervises practical applications of formal instruction;
- devises methods, conducts evaluations of performance and progress of each learner.
- makes plans for assignment and course objectives;
- determines needs and abilities/administers standard tests;
- observes ability to use tools, machines and other equipment;
- determines learners’ achievements;
- develops-modifies standard syllabus;
- prepares daily-weekly lesson plans, scheduling;
- from daily-weekly lesson plans, determines need for tools, books teachings aids, materials and equipment;
- determines need for a Teaching Assistant for a project or activity.
- working knowledge of theory, principles, techniques of teaching;
- working knowledge of agencies policies, procedures of clients;
- working knowledge of theory that forms the basis of vocational subject;
- working knowledge of use of tools, machines and equipment in trade;
- ability to develop effective relations with each learner;
- ability to motivate learners;
- ability to apply different methods to meet specific situations;
- ability to verbally communicate ideas effectively to learners;
- ability to use the tools, machines and equipment to demonstrate;
- ability to evaluate and record learners performance and progress;
- ability to plan and implement curriculum and lesson plans;
- Level 1 – 4 years of trade experience or “AS” degree appropriate to teaching field and 2 years of such experience or “BA” degree to the teaching field and 1 year of such experience;
- Level 2 – meeting the level 1 qualifications, must have completed 6 credit hours toward obtaining a New York State certification for teaching trade specialty;
- Level 3 – possession of valid provisional New York State certificate for trade specialty.
Salary range: from $40,622 to $53,568 annually.
Location: Ossining, NY, 10562
Type: Education, Training & Library
Company:Department of Corrections and Community Supervision