Did you know we host Westchester County’s LARGEST Earth Day Festival of its kind? Come and join us on April 27!
Join the Greater Ossining community in our annual celebration of Earth Day. Bring family and friends. Learn how to live a more sustainable life, visit artisan vendors, and enjoy food and live music on the banks of the Hudson River.
As Westchester County’s largest community-run earth day festival, we are expecting visitors to exceed 4,000, and will have 100+ exhibitors – growing the festival from some 300 attendees and 20 vendors in our first year. We’re planning to have more hands-on activities and educational opportunities for everyone, as well as continuing great live music and entertainment aiming to make it our best earth day festival yet.
This year, as we celebrate the 49th anniversary of Earth Day, we will offer information on how to live a more resourceful life with more hands-on activities and information on using and wasting less and being a more conscious consumer; as well as how to live a more sustainable life with information on local sustainability solutions and renewable energy solutions, and the organizations that will help us toward that,
Featured events of the day include:
- arts & artisan vendors;
- eco-demonstrations & hands-on activities;
- focused kid’s activity zone;
- environmental advocacy;
- zero-waste in action on the Festival grounds;
- delicious local food including vegetarian and vegan fare;
- craft beer;
- textile recycling & e-waste drop off;
- live music with local musicians and by our stage hosts Mike & Miriam Risko and the Mike Risko Band;
- local “green” services/ product vendors available for sharing green practices and products;
- learn about using eco-friendly products & how to save money by reducing your carbon footprint;
- community organizations: all existing to help you! Learn more about the variety of groups in our own backyard.
We are adjacent to the Ossining Metro North Train Station. Admittance is free and open to the public.
The Festival is hosted and organized by Green Ossining with the assistance of the Town and Village of Ossining. This year’s sponsors include SBS Printing and Shipping, Mike Risko Music School, Good Choice Kitchen, Down to Earth Markets, Suburban Carting, Dunkin Kehn, Sing Sing Kill Breweryi, Captain Lawrence Brewing Companyi and Six Degrees of Separation Restaurant and Brewery.
Stay tuned for more updates and about other special events happening throughout the day!
For more information, please visit the event’s Facebook page here.