Interested candidates should submit an Employment Application, available for download here, by e-mail to Victoria Cafarelli at email@example.com or in person at 16 Croton Avenue by 02:30 p.m. on Wednesday, October 14, 2020.
Under direct supervision, an incumbent of this class performs a variety of clerical duties of average difficulty, requiring limited judgment and responsibility in the carrying out of prescribed procedures. Detailed instructions are received at the beginning of work and on new assignments, but regular routine assignments are performed more independently and some initiative and judgement is utilized as experience is gained. In the performance of tasks, the incumbent may be required to use standard office equipment. Supervision is not an aspect of this position. Does related work as required.
Illustrative examples of work
- posts simple and routine data to departmental records and may compile or assist in compiling reports based on tabulations of posted data and simple arithmetical computations;
- receives and screens applications, vouchers or other forms for accuracy of content and compliance with procedural and regulatory requirements;
- sorts, indexes and files documents, reports, vouchers correspondence and other material;
- answers telephone, takes messages and relays information;
- makes and checks arithmetical computations;
- furnishes routine information to inquirers at a public counter, over the telephone, or via e-mail;
- must be comfortable using computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, calendar, email and database software.
Required knowledge, skills, abilities and attributes
Familiarity with office procedures, including the use of simple office machines and filing systems; skill in filing, in posting to simple records, and in making simple arithmetical computations; accuracy in preparation and checking of records and forms; ability to understand and carry out oral and written directions; ability to read, write, speak, understand, and communicate in English sufficiently to perform the essential duties of the position; ability to use computer applications such as spreadsheets, word processing, e-mail and database software; resourcefulness in locating information and compiling summaries of data from office records; tact; ability to get along well with others; physical condition commensurate with the demands of the position. The ideal candidate should be able to multi-task efficiently, remain organized, and provide superior customer service. Spanish speaking preferred.
Minimum acceptable training and experience
Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma.
NOTE: Unless otherwise noted, only experience gained after attaining the minimum education level indicated in the minimum qualifications will be considered in evaluating experience.