The Department of Public Works is actively hiring a Laborer. This is a salary position paying in the range of $49,397 to $74,087.
Laborers, under direct supervision of a higher level employee, performs routine unskilled manual laboring work. This position does require related work.
While incidental tasks are delegated, this employee can expect to:
- performs routine cleaning, maintenance and repair assignments;
- loads and unloads materials, and equipment from trucks;
- receives and/or moves supplies, equipment, and furniture;
- cleans and operates equipment supplies and instruments in accordance with defined procedures;
- rods and flushes sewers and cleans manholes and catch basins
- digs and refills trenches for water lines
- rakes leaves and hauls away rubbish
- does rough cement finishing, rakes asphalt, sets forms for asphalt, does rough grading and otherwise assists in street maintenance activities;
- assists in the painting and erection of street signs;
- assists in painting lines on highway;
- cuts grass by hand or with tractor driven mowing machines and cuts up trees that have been felled;
- performs snow removal duties.
To view the full listing, please visit here.
All interested candidates are required to submit an application, which can be found here.